It’s a nightmare scenario: you were hurt in a slip and fall, but the property owner’s insurance provider just denied your claim. Now you have to figure out how to deal with ongoing physical recovery while bills keep mounting. Resist the urge to panic, because there is still an option available for pursuing a financial recovery with a qualified Philadelphia slip and fall attorney.
How to Handle a Denied Slip and Fall Claim
The denial may have occurred because of a simple mistake you didn’t know you needed to avoid. That’s why it is so crucial to contact an experienced slip and fall attorney as soon as possible after any injury. Your legal counsel helps you sidestep common tactics used by insurance to avoid paying out claims.
If the claim has already been denied, you need to contact an attorney. After receiving a rejection from an insurance adjuster, here’s how a lawyer helps you pursue compensation:
- Acquiring all the relevant evidence, such as accident scene reconstruction, eyewitness testimony, medical records, video footage, and so on.
- Determining liability for a personal injury lawsuit. Your attorney’s investigation into the slip and fall lets you know who is specifically at fault and presents a good potential source of financial compensation.
- Handling all further communication with the insurance company if you need to appeal your denied claim.
- Filing a slip and fall personal injury lawsuit against the liable party within Pennsylvania’s strict statute of limitations on these types of cases.
- Place a value on your damages from the slip and fall, which may include hospital bills, lost income, emotional pain and physical suffering, and other elements.
- Present your case in front of a jury and argue for the full and fair recovery you deserve.
Call a Highly Rated Slip and Fall Attorney if Your Injury Claim Was Denied
Are you worried about covering your bills after a negligent property owner caused your slip and fall accident? The Heslin Law Firm wants to hear about your case and help you find the best way toward a full financial recovery. Schedule a consultation to get started by calling 215-332-0300 or shoot a message to us here.