This is an example of a hit-and-run car accident case. You can still make a personal injury claim if the driver leaves the scene of the accident without giving any information. If possible, try your best to get the license plate number, make and model of the car, and a description of the driver. Call the police and give as much information as you have to the officer, and they may be able to find the negligent driver.

If you cannot get enough information to identify the driver, you can still file a claim only IF you carry Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist  (UIM/UM) Insurance. The more you have, the better, because this will help you be compensated for your medical expenses and personal injuries when you are involved with someone who cannot be identified. This type of insurance is cheap and an excellent way to ensure you and your family are protected from the unknown. A good rule of thumb is to have your UIM/UM equal to your bodily injury liability limits.