As Philadelphians come to rely on rideshare services more and more, there will of course inevitably be accidents. In many cases, those wrecks are caused by negligence—either on the part of the rideshare contractor or the driver of another vehicle. Although services like Lyft and Uber are categorized differently than other transportation services such as SEPTA, you can still pursue compensation if you were hurt in a collision.
How to Protect Your Financial Recovery After a Rideshare Car Crash
If you are harmed during an Uber or Lyft ride, there are certain actions you need to take, no matter who caused the crash or where it occurred. For your best chance at securing a full financial recovery, be sure to:
- Address your physical health. Get a full checkup from a medical professional as quickly as you can to initiate documentation of your injury and check for dangerous internal wounds.
- Ask eyewitnesses for their contact details, as they may need to be questioned later.
- Get the contact information for the uber driver.
- Photograph the scene if you aren’t immediately transported by ambulance to the emergency room.
- Report the accident to law enforcement.
- Talk to an Uber accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, the amount of personal injury protection offered through insurance may not cover all your medical costs. Lost income can also put you in a difficult financial situation while recovering. In those cases, you may need to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver as well as through insurance.
Uber accident cases are often complex because there are so many different laws involved. It’s important to have an attorney who can not only offer advice, but also handle issues you shouldn’t need to worry about while injured. You can take care of the physical side of your recovery, while your attorney takes over the financial side by negotiating with insurance or filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Talk to an Experienced Pennsylvania Car Crash Attorney if You Were Hurt in a Rideshare Accident
Did you suffer an injury in an accident during a trip in a rideshare service? Gary Heslin can review your case and help you pursue the fair compensation you deserve. To get started, schedule a consultation by sending a message here or calling 215-332-0300.