Gavel and Stethoscope Sitting on a DeskThe extreme force exerted on your nervous system in a car crash may cause longer-lasting injuries than just bruises and broken bones. Some accidents end in chronic conditions like complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). This sort of medical problem will radically affect your enjoyment of everyday life and your ability to return to work. That’s why you need a car accident attorney to help negotiate for the full and fair compensation you deserve.

How Will CRPS Affect Me After a Car Accident?

CRPS typically needs to be managed through a combination of physical therapy, occupational therapy, prescription medication, and other potential treatments such as injections or nerve blockers. Symptoms of CRPS most frequently occur in the four limbs, but they can take place anywhere on the body.

Common Symptoms of CRPS

  • Burning sensations in the muscle
  • Discoloration of skin
  • Extreme sensitivity in skin and muscles to a painful degree
  • Joint pain and stiffness
  • Loss of mobility
  • Muscle spasms and weakness, or inability to control the muscle at all
  • Radiating pain that spreads across a limb or transitions from limb to limb
  • Swelling and inflammation

If you have any of these symptoms, it is crucial to see a doctor as soon as possible after the initial car crash, and return for follow-ups after the fact. Complex regional pain syndrome isn’t common, which means it may take time to properly diagnose as other conditions are ruled out. When the diagnosis is achieved, your medical records present a compelling case for negotiating with insurance over the value of your damages.

Because you are likely to deal with this condition long-term, your compensation should also reflect your future costs. A skilled Pennsylvania attorney is crucial for handling that side of the process. Your legal counsel may also need to file a personal injury lawsuit if the settlement offer doesn’t properly reflect your pain and suffering or the impact on your income earning potential.

If You Suffer From CRPS After a Crash, You Need an Attorney

CRPS will very likely affect you for the rest of your life, which is why you need someone with experience in these kinds of cases to stand up for your legal rights. Tell us about your accident with our online contact form or call the Heslin Law Firm directly to schedule a consultation at 215-332-0300.


Post A Comment