As the weather goes from warm to hot and swimming season begins, the folks here at the Heslin Law Firm would like to take a moment to talk about swimming pool safety. According to the CDC, there are an average of 3,500 deaths each year as a result of accidental drownings. To prevent you or a loved one from being a victim of drowning or some other type of swimming pool accident, our experienced Bucks County swimming pool attorney offers the following tips:
- Never swim alone, and avoid swimming without the supervision of a lifeguard when at a public swimming pool or the beach.
- Teach children to always walk when in proximity to a swimming pool. Doing so will lower the risk of them falling into the water and being injured.
- If you notice that a child is missing in an area near a swimming pool, look in the water immediately. When it comes to saving the life of a drowning child, mere seconds make all the difference.
- Consider taking a CPR class so that you know how to resuscitate someone in a near-drowning situation.
- If you have a pool at your home, be sure to put a fence around it to separate the pool from the rest of the yard. The fence should also be equipped with a door that locks. Taking these precautions will prevent young children from wandering into the pool area and getting hurt.
- Never leave children without adult supervision near a swimming pool or any other body of water.
By following these tips, you’ll greatly lessen the risk that you or someone you love will drown or be otherwise injured in a swimming pool.
Swimming Accident? Call the Heslin Law Firm
In the event that you or someone in your family is harmed in a swimming pool incident, the Heslin Law Firm will be on your side. Mr. Gary P. Heslin, our skilled swimming pool lawyer in Bucks County, has decades of experience in fighting for the rights of families affected by swimming pool accidents. Whether your loved one has died or sustained lifelong injuries, Mr. Heslin will work tirelessly to determine the cause of the accident and seek any possible compensation.
If you’re interested in speaking with the swimming pool attorney Bucks County has trusted for more than 30 years, call the Heslin Law Firm today at 215-332-0300. We also invite you to check out our blog for useful spring gardening safety tips.