Unfortunately, even the safest drivers sometimes find themselves involved in a car accident. Whether it’s a fender-bender or a head-on collision, it’s important to know how to handle things at the scene of the accident and afterwards. Therefore, we here at the Heslin Law Firm have created a comprehensive guide for dealing with car crash incidents in Philadelphia.
At the Scene of the Accident, You Should:
- See if anyone is injured and call 911 immediately if medical attention is needed
- Move your car to a safe location close by – just be sure not to leave the accident scene when you do so
- Report the accident to the police so that they can deem if an officer needs to come
- Call a tow truck for roadside assistance if you don’t think your car is drivable
- Take photos of the accident scene and the damage to the cars from as many angles as possible
- Write down all of the following:
- The name, phone number, and address of the people who were in the other car and any witnesses
- The location of the accident
- The other driver’s policy number as well as their insurance company’s name and phone number
- The police report number, phone number, officer name, and badge number of the police officer, if one comes to the scene
While you’re at the scene of the accident, you should never admit fault. In addition, you shouldn’t reveal the limits of your insurance policy. It’s best to leave these things out until you’ve reported a claim to your insurance company about the accident or spoken with a lawyer.
Was Your Accident Caused By Someone Else’s Negligence? Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia
If you believe that the car accident was not your fault, you may benefit from the assistance of a Philadelphia car accident attorney. That’s where Gary P. Heslin of the Heslin Law Firm comes in.
With more than 30 years of experience, Mr. Gary P. Heslin is well-versed in every aspect of law. When you hire him to be your car accident attorney in Philadelphia, you can rest assured that he’ll work tirelessly to seek justice for you.
Whether your car accident was caused by the negligence of another driver, poor road design, or some other factor that was out of your control, Mr. Heslin will do his best to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible. By doing so, he’ll help you cover all of the following losses:
- Physical, emotional, and mental damage
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Physical impairment
- Medical expenses
While settling your case, Mr. Heslin will treat you with care and personalized attention. From start to finish, he’ll help you handle every part of your Philadelphia car accident case.
Get in Touch with the Heslin Law Firm Today
Are you interested in hiring the car accident lawyer Philadelphia residents depend on? Call the Heslin Law Firm today at 215-332-0300 to schedule a free consultation.
In addition, take a glance at our past blog posts to find out what Mr. Heslin can do as your dog bite lawyer or your taxi cab accident attorney. We look forward to serving you!