Workplace injuries can be extremely serious, especially if your job entails working with machinery or potentially dangerous tools. Therefore, it’s essential to keep safety in mind while at work. Here are some easy ways to do so:
- Keep your work area clean. By maintaining a clean, tidy work station, you’ll eliminate hazards while encouraging productivity.
- Follow instructions. Before starting a job, always be sure that you understand exactly what you’re supposed to do and how it should be done. Following instructions will help you prevent injuries that are easily avoidable.
- Always wear the proper safety attire. Whether it’s protective eyewear, a hard hat, or gloves, safety attire can be extremely helpful in preventing injuries at work. Make sure to put on the recommended items before starting a job. In addition, be sure that you can locate the emergency eye wash station if necessary.
- Check that all of your machinery and tools are working correctly. When working with potentially hazardous items, it’s important to ensure that they are in good working order before using them. If a machine is malfunctioning, don’t use it until it has been fixed by a professional.
- Bring injuries to the attention of your manager immediately. No matter how small an injury may be, you should always alert your supervisor when you’ve been injured at work. Even if it doesn’t seem bad at first, every injury has the potential to become a serious problem in the future. Therefore, you’ll want to have the injury documented with your workplace just in case.
Even when you take these safety precautions, workplace accidents can still happen. When disaster strikes and you sustain an injury on the job, you can trust the Heslin Law Firm to be on your side. As your workers compensation lawyer in Philadelphia, we’ll work to make sure that you get what is rightfully yours. Whether it be weekly benefits or a lump sum settlement, our experienced Philadelphia accident attorney Gary P. Heslin will strive to negotiate the best possible outcome for your case.
If you’ve been injured on the job, don’t wait – get in touch with the Heslin Law Firm today. To do so, simply call us at 215-332-0300 or fill out our online contact form. While you’re at it, take a look at our blog for tips on how to handle a car accident in Philadelphia. We hope that this information has been beneficial to you. Stay safe!