As a Philadelphia accident lawyer, we hear about atrocious car accidents every day. What’s worse, many of the cases that we handle are the result of preventable accidents. Therefore, we here at the Heslin Law Firm strongly advise you to follow these Philadelphia fall driving tips to stay safe and avoid disaster this autumn:
- Though autumn leaves are scenic, they can also be very treacherous. In fact, wet leaves on the road can be as slippery as ice. They can also cover traffic lines and important pavement markings. Therefore, you should slow down and pay special attention to your surroundings when there are leaves in your path.
- Another common fall driving hazard is fog. When driving through fog, use your low beams to improve your visibility.
- In the fall, the sun rises later and sets earlier. Therefore, you should make sure that your headlights, taillights, and turn signals are working correctly so that you’re prepared to drive in the dark.
- Be alert for spots of ice on the road in the morning, especially in shady areas and on bridges and overpasses. If there is frost on your windshield in the morning, be sure to clear it before leaving your driveway.
- Check your tires before the first snowfall of the year to ensure that they have adequate tread for driving in wintry weather.
- Deer tend to be more active in the autumn, so be on the lookout for them as you drive. Be especially careful in the early morning and evening, as this is when deer are usually on the move (and when it is harder to see them).
Even when you take these precautions, accidents can still happen due to the inattention of other drivers or other unfortunate circumstances. If you sustain injuries as a result of an incident that isn’t your fault, you’ll need a trustworthy Philadelphia accident attorney on your side. That’s where we come in!
Mr. Gary P. Heslin has been seeking justice for accident victims for more than 30 years. Now, he’s ready to handle your case. If you’d like to hire Mr. Heslin as your accident lawyer in Philadelphia, then it’s time to reach out to the Heslin Law Firm. When you call us at (215) 332-0300 or visit us online, we’ll set up your free consultation.
Want more information on how to stay safe this fall? Visit our blog for our best workplace safety tips. As always, thanks for reading!