For over 20 years, one of the greatest, underutilized services available to the Northeast Philadelphia community is Northeast Victim Services. This non-profit agency’s goal is to help the victims and witnesses of crime in our community get back on their feet with the city’s Victims Compensation Assistance Program (VCAP). This federal program, administered through the states, cooperates with the District Attorney’s office and the Police Department’s Northeast Division—the 2nd, 7th, 8th, and 15th Police Districts—to assist the victims and witnesses of crime.
They Specialize in:
- understanding the criminal justice system
- following up with the Philadelphia police and District Attorney
- finding the right agency—government or private—to better serve you
- recovering from the financial and emotional effects of the crime
- applying for a federally funded CVC program
If the crime is reported to the police within 72 hours, the victim cooperates with law enforcement, and a CVC claim is filed within two years of the incident, you may qualify for:
- loss of earnings
- loss of support
- stolen Social Security or Pension Benefits
- medical or home care
- funeral expenses
- therapy or counseling
Last year alone, close to $500,000 was recovered for over 1,500 clients.
Visit their website, or call them at 215-332-3888.
Here at the Heslin Law firm, we are right next door to this great organization. From time to time, we will help educate and assist victims of DUI, auto accidents, and personal injuries. We highly recommend their services and will make every effort to assist where needed.