If you’ve lost a loved one due to medical malpractice, a workplace accident or some other act of negligence committed by another party, your family may be eligible for compensation. In order to recover damages for your loss, you’ll need to file a wrongful death claim. Here’s how to do so in the state of Pennsylvania:
- Find out who should file the claim. In order to file a wrongful death claim, you must be a relative of the deceased person. Often, the will of the decedent will state who is in charge of the estate, but not always. If no one has been previously appointed, the court will allow another eligible family member to file the claim. This person will need to prove in court that they have a legal right to seek monetary damages from the responsible party.
- Gather necessary documents and evidence. To support your claim, you will need to collect police or doctor reports from the accident that caused your loved one’s death. In addition, you will need to obtain a death certificate to be shown in court.
- Consider hiring a skilled Bucks County wrongful death lawyer. In order to navigate the complicated and emotional process of filing a wrongful death claim, it will be extremely helpful to have the assistance of a wrongful death attorney in Bucks County. That’s where the Heslin Law Firm comes in. For over thirty years, we’ve been helping families recover monetary compensation for the tragic deaths of their loved ones.
When you choose the Heslin Law Firm as your Bucks County wrongful death attorney, we’ll negotiate with insurance companies so that you don’t have to. We’ll seek financial compensation for all of the following:
- Hospital expenses
- Nursing expenses
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Expenses of administration necessitated by reason of death-causing injuries
- Loss of contributions for the decedent
- Loss of services, society and comfort
- Loss of services to the decedent’s children
In order to win you the maximum amount of compensation, we’ll investigate every detail of the wrongful death case and structure the best possible claim using our legal prowess. Throughout the process, we’ll work one-on-one with you and keep you updated regarding our progress on your case.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If you would like to discuss your case with an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Bucks County, call the Heslin Law Firm now at (215) 332-0300. And for tips on preventing teenage drivers from being in motor vehicle accidents, read our recent blog post. We hope our information has been helpful to you, and we look forward to showing you why the Heslin Law Firm is the wrongful death attorney Bucks County trusts.