Springtime brings mild weather and beautiful blooming flowers. However, the season also comes with some unique hazards which can compromise the safety of you and your family if you don’t take proper precautions. Here is some advice from our Bucks County accident lawyer on how to best prevent mishaps and injuries this spring:
- Know the dangers of lawn mowers – As the grass emerges from its winter dormancy, you’ll soon need to open up the shed and get the lawn mower out. When you do so, it’s important to give yourself a refresher on how to safely use this machine. Remember to check that the lawn mower is working well and equipped with the proper safety equipment. Furthermore, make sure kids are being supervised in a separate area and be on high alert for obstacles which might be thrown into the air and cause injury if mowed over.
- Be cautious when spring cleaning – Spring is a great time to get organized and do some home and yard maintenance. Just keep in mind that household cleaning and lawn care products often contain chemicals which are potentially dangerous if you swallow or come into contact with them. Therefore, you should always keep these items in the original packaging and store them where kids can’t access them.
- Beware of medication side effects – If you suffer from seasonal allergies and use allergy medication to control your symptoms, keep in mind that these drugs may have side effects that could interfere with your ability to operate machinery or drive a vehicle. In turn, you should be sure to find out how a medication affects you before doing one of these activities.
- Drive with care in spring weather – Thunderstorms are another common hazard associated with springtime. They can cause slippery roadways and reduced visibility as well as puddles of water which might disguise potholes in the road. To deal with these dangers, our accident lawyer in Bucks County recommends slowing down and increasing your following distance during storms and avoiding puddles whenever possible. In addition, check out our tips for safely navigating potholes.
- Look out for pedestrians, motorcyclists and bicyclists – On spring days when the weather is nice, these individuals are more likely to be crossing or traveling on the roadways. Be extra careful when turning and driving through crosswalks, and definitely don’t drive distracted.
Following these tips from our Bucks County accident attorney will help you and your family to avoid danger and have a fun, safe spring.
For Expert Legal Advice & Representation, Trust the Heslin Law Firm
Spring accidents can unfortunately happen even when you take action to prevent them. If you or someone you love is injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, choose Gary Heslin of the Heslin Law Firm to help you seek compensation. With more than 30 years of experience, Mr. Heslin is known as the accident lawyer Bucks County accident victims can depend on to provide compassionate, skilled legal assistance.
To learn more or schedule your free consultation with Mr. Heslin, call (215) 332-0300 today. We wish you an incident-free spring, but just in case you need our help, we’ll be ready to serve as your Bucks County accident lawyer at any time.